Angelinaqueena's Cuisina (food for thought)

Monday, May 01, 2006

Long time, no blog

Hi everyone. It's been a long time, but I'm finally posting something besides "hi". Cahlen, you should be proud. ;) Anyway, I got a picture in my mind last night about feasting. We were singing a song that our pastor wrote called "A Place Set For Me". It talks about being in his presence and how everything we need is there. Then the chorus speaks of coming to the table and feasting. Well, I pictured there to be this table that just went on for miles, I'm sure. On that table were different dishes of promises that God has for us. One dish was "provision", one dish was "healing", one was "grace", "mercy", "peace", etc., etc. Hopefully you get the picture. As people were feasting, I noticed some were gorging on one kind of promise and leaving everything else. I noticed others were eating several, but hardly any of what they took. Then I saw this group of people eating of everything. Eating all of the promises, but in a way where they were filled with all of them to the fullness of what that promise intended. They were eating a balanced meal. Wow! How interesting...how many of us only eat the things we enjoy leaving the other stuff to rot? We can't just have one dish all the time and expect to be healthy and fulfilled. We need all the food groups (the promises) in order for our lives to be healthy and happy. The Bible says that ALL the promises of God are "Yes and Amen". Why wouldn't we want to partake of them all? I know I do. Take this for what it's worth to you. I hope it blesses and encourages you to partake of the Master's table. He has one prepared just for you. Until we feast again, this is Angelina, signing off.

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger .... said...

Hay Angie, welcome abord.

Conner,

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Alex McGinnis said...

Wow! That is deep... welcome to the blog world... teamember

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

That was great. Looking forword to more views from the Queeners. Glad you got it up and running.

 
At 12:02 AM, Blogger Mrs Edgey said...

Totally badical Angelina! Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home